When it comes to interior design, blending different styles can create a unique and harmonious look. One of the latest trends in the design world is the Japandi theme. As the name suggests, it combines elements from Japanese and Scandinavian styles to create a minimalist and functional yet cozy and serene atmosphere.
Key Features of Japandi Style
Let’s go through the basic of Japandi style and continue to dive in on how to incorporate this interesting style into various spaces in a house.
Natural materials: Wood, bamboo, and stone are commonly used in Japandi interiors to bring in a sense of warmth and organic beauty.
Neutral color palette: The Japandi style favors muted colors such as white, beige, gray, and black, with occasional pops of muted earthy tones.
Clean lines and simplicity: Japandi interiors are characterized by simple, straight lines and uncluttered spaces, creating a sense of calm and order.
Functional design: The Japandi style values practicality and simplicity, with furniture and accessories that serve a purpose without being overly ornate.
Minimalist decor: Japandi decor is kept to a minimum, with a few carefully chosen pieces that are both aesthetically pleasing and functional.
The living room is often the center of a home and where people gather to relax and socialize. Here are some ways to incorporate Japandi style into your living room:
- Choose a neutral color palette for the walls, floors, and furniture, and add pops of muted earthy colors with cushions and throws.
- Use natural materials such as wood, bamboo, and stone for furniture and accessories, such as a wooden coffee table, a stone vase, or bamboo blinds.
- Keep the decor simple and minimalist, with a few statement pieces such as a large wall art or a unique lamp.
- Incorporate plants into your living room to bring in a sense of nature and tranquility. Choose easy-to-care-for plants such as succulents, bamboo, or a small Japanese maple tree.
Bedroom + Small Office Corner
The bedroom is a sanctuary for relaxation and rest, while a small office corner can be a functional and efficient workspace. Here’s how to combine both in a Japandi style:
- Choose a low platform bed with a simple headboard made of natural materials, such as wood or bamboo.
- Use soft and muted bedding with natural textures, such as linen or cotton.
- Create a small office corner with a minimalist desk and chair, and a few practical storage solutions, such as a wall-mounted shelf or a storage box.
- Use neutral colors for the walls and floors, and add a few pops of color with decorative objects such as a vase or a lamp.
- Keep the decor simple and clutter-free, with a few carefully chosen pieces such as a plant or a wall art.
Kitchen and Dining
The kitchen and dining area are often the heart of the home, where food is prepared and shared with family and friends. Here’s how to create a Japandi style kitchen and dining area:
- Use natural materials such as wood, bamboo, and stone for the countertops, cabinets, and dining table.
- Choose minimalist and functional furniture, such as a wooden dining table and chairs, with a few decorative objects such as a simple vase or a tea set.
- Use neutral colors for the walls and floors, and add a few pops of muted earthy tones with ceramics or textiles.
- Incorporate practical storage solutions such as open shelves
The bathroom is a space for relaxation and self-care, and Japandi style can bring a serene and minimalist vibe to this area. Here are some tips for incorporating Japandi style into your bathroom:
- Choose natural materials such as stone, wood, and bamboo for the bathroom vanity, bathtub, and shower area.
- Use a neutral color palette for the walls and floors, such as white, beige, or gray, and add pops of muted earthy tones with towels or bath mats.
- Keep the decor simple and minimalist, with a few functional accessories such as a wooden stool or a wall-mounted shelf.
- Incorporate greenery into your bathroom with a small plant such as a bamboo or aloe vera, which not only adds a touch of nature but also purifies the air.
- Use natural light as much as possible to create a bright and airy atmosphere, and add soft lighting such as a small lamp or candles for a cozy and relaxing vibe.
Would You Design A Japandi House?
In conclusion, Japandi style is a beautiful fusion of Japanese and Scandinavian design, creating a minimalist, serene, and functional home environment. By incorporating natural materials, neutral colors, clean lines, and practical furniture and decor, Japandi interiors create a sense of calm and order, while also highlighting the beauty of simplicity. This style is not only aesthetically pleasing but also practical and functional, making it ideal for those who appreciate minimalism and practicality. By following the tips and ideas in this article, you can create a Japandi style home that reflects your personality, promotes relaxation, and enhances your overall well-being. Whether you’re redesigning your living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, or any other space in your home, Japandi style can be a beautiful and timeless choice.
Excited to Get Started?
Are you interested in making your business grow ahead of others? Looking for an innovative strategy to sell your products? Ready to see your sales performance skyrocketing? Smart Decor is prepared for you to experience the most effective E-commerce solution, furniture retailing, home décor, interior design, kitchen & bath, and many more. Smart Decor is your trustworthy partner of striding into the new era of E-commerce! Contact us NOW!
Get a Coohom trial account now to experience it yourself!
You are reading this article on Smart Decor Pte Ltd’s website. Smart Decor Pte Ltd is the exclusive partner and distributor of Coohom in Southeast Asia. For more info about how Coohom can help your business, click on the following link: